Parramatta Smash Repairs is a registered Permagard agent. When it comes to paint protection Permagard’s patented technology creates a high-gloss protective barrier that continuously works to neutralise and repel airborne contaminants.
The impact of these contaminants, such as bird droppings, insects and road grime, require extensive cosmetic repairs involving resprays or touch ups.
Once the Permagard coating has been professionally applied to your vehicle it bonds chemically to the painted surface completely insulating and protecting the new paint from the extremes of the environment. If you own a Mercedes-Benz, Permagard is the only aftermarket paint and interior protection programme approved by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific.
Frequently Asked Questions
Car paint protection is the application of a wax, sealant or coating treatment to your car’s exterior paintwork. Car waxing alone can only offer short term benefits. With the use of sealants and coatings the condition of your car paint is further protected, prolonging the condition of your car’s paint.
Permagard is a market leader in paint protection technology; protecting over twenty billion dollars worth of aircraft, automobiles and yachts globally.
The company specialises in the manufacturing and application of high performance protective coating products that have been engineered to perform in the toughest of environments.
The most noticeable benefit to car paint protection services can be detectable when you wash your car. After having your car paint protected and you wash your car you will find that the water will either ‘sheet off’ instead of ‘beading’ on the surface.
This means that your car has undergone a car paint protection treatment creating a barrier that neutralises and repels external substances including water and therefore makes it easier to dry.
At Parramatta Smash Repairs, our car paint protection may vary from 5-6 hours from start to finish depending on your car’s make, model and type.
We recommend cleaning your car extensively so our car paint protection team can conduct a thorough inspection on your car. Alternatively, we can do that for you with our car detailing services!
By cleaning your car, we are able to identify potential micro-scratches, swirls and contaminants easily on your car to reseal and coat. This will restore your car’s paintwork to factory standards and condition.
Yes, the application of car paint protection won’t only restore your car to factory standards but can further help prolong the life of your car’s paint in many ways.
- UV protection against Australia’s harsh sun. The impact UV rays have on your car’s paintwork can lead to fading if it is unprotected
- Scratch resistance. These scratches vary from the everyday use of your car including road debris or even by your own fingernails. This can also include your standard car maintenance like washing your own car. This may be the result of the type of products and materials used in the process. Paint protection helps add a barrier to prevent this scratching from damaging the paintwork.
- Road contamination when you are driving around can adhere to the car’s paintwork and be difficult to remove with a bucket and sponge. The paint protection will help to add a barrier against this contamination. A yearly ceramic safe polish can remove it, without harming the paint protection or the paint underneath.
- Non-stick properties of paint protection. Permagard paint protection is super slick making the car far easier to clean. After rain, our work vehicle looks like it’s just been freshly polished.
- Car paint protection adds a mirror gloss finish and colour enhancement.
Other than what paint protection will shield against, there are many advantages of paint protection:
- Makes your car easier to clean, our Permagard coating stops dirt from embedding in the paint and makes it easier to come off
- Creates a permanent ultra gloss finish
- Exceptional water resistance – this means that water won’t ‘bead’ on the car, it will ‘sheet’. This helps prevent water etching, which can leave marks and may need to be polished out
At Parramatta Smash Repairs, our Permagard car paint protection products you will find the following:
- Ultra gloss
- Ultra violet inhibiting technology
- Protects gloss and paint from fading and oxidizing
- Reduce maintenance
- Stain resistance
- 2 year warranty
Check Out These Other Services
Paintless Dent Removal
Our Paintless Dent Removal services will restore your vehicle’s dented area to near perfection without disturbing the original paint finish.
We’ll go over your vehicle with a wash and wax, including polishing all chrome moulds, an interior vacuum and sanitise. When we hand your vehicle back to you, it will look factory fresh.
We have one of the most advanced car paint spraying facilities in the smash repair industry.